Codes, Standards & Guidelines
Education
Certification & Testing

Bulletin Board Archive

Bookmark and Share
ICC Bulletin Board   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» ICC Bulletin Board » Code Chat » Building and Residential Codes -- Non-Structural Issues » 1961 UBC

Author Topic: 1961 UBC
tomssa@teleport.com
Junior Contributor

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tomssa@teleport.com           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyone who has an old 1961
UBC and can fax me the Section 5406 on
glass and its corresponding Table No. 54-D ?

My fax # is 800-430-2840

Thank you.

Tom Baird

Posts: 8 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
tmccartin
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Am looking at a copy of the '61 UBC. No such section or table exists. Could this be a section that came to be in the '64 edition? Is there a specific question that I can research for you that is perhaps found in another area of the book?
IP: Logged
tomssa@teleport.com
Junior Contributor

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tmccartin:
Am looking at a copy of the '61 UBC. No such section or table exists. Could this be a section that came to be in the '64 edition? Is there a specific question that I can research for you that is perhaps found in another area of the book?

I quoted the Section and table from the 64 code. I'm unsure what the 61 code is. I was hoping the 61 code had the same language as the 64 code. I am looking at a glass door that was installed prior to safety glass being the requirement. The 64 code requires decorations to be applied to the door so it is visible. This particular door would fall under the 61 code so I need to know what that says. Thanks.

Tom Baird

tmccartin
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

I looked into the '64 UBC and found the section in question. There is no corresponding section in the '61 version. In fact there is little mention made of any glass/glazing issues. Sorry.

Terry

IP: Logged
tomssa@teleport.com
Junior Contributor

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tmccartin:
Tom,

I looked into the '64 UBC and found the section in question. There is no corresponding section in the '61 version. In fact there is little mention made of any glass/glazing issues. Sorry.

Terry

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

ICC Home Page